Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back at it!

By last night my back was feeling pretty good, I had about 90% of my normal range of motion back and the pain was down to a very dull soreness in certain positions. It's been a rough last few weeks and working out has really kept my spirits up. This week has been hard because I've had to force myself to rest. I got up today and headed to the gym, I wanted to run but it was way too dark at 6am to run outside. I got to the gym and had to keep telling myself, "Treadmill, no weights yet!"

I got on the treadmill and ran 5 minutes intervals for about 25 minutes along with a cool down and a set of lunges. I thought about pushing it all the way to 30 minutes but I felt so good I didn't want to push it and strain the muscle again. It felt great though, my stride was easy, legs felt strong, lungs felt strong. All in all a really good run even though it was short. I also decided that by cutting it short by 5 minutes I could spend more time stretching which I needed. My legs were pretty tight along with my back. I stretched for a good 10 minutes and then hit the showers. I feel so good right now, alert and engerized. Tomorrow I will try for a longer run, I'm thinking 5 to 6 miles and see how I feel.

I will be in Ukiah starting tonight until we leave for Colorado on Thursday. I can't believe it's almost here! I'm hoping to spend some time getting in some longer runs and strength workouts before I leave. I'm a bit worried about how I'll transition. It's so easy to leave your workout routine behind when you move to a new place and have new things to do and people to hang out with. So Shannon and Jocelyn I'm gonna need your help to really make me keep doing what i'm doing! Make me feel guilty for not running when I should be!

This morning Shannon sprinted to the train and it made for the funniest thing I've read in a long time. So please check out her blog, http://mccookisanut.blogspot.com and read about Mr Train Conductor Man and then check out Jocelyn's comment. I about died on the BART this morning while I was reading it. Thank you for that!

No comments: